Lay-bys are only available in store, not online purchases.
INTERSPORT Australia’s lay-by policy is consistent with ACCC guidelines. To find out more about INTERSPORT Australia’s lay-by policy, please contact your local store directly.
Rules for lay-by agreements ACCC:
A lay-by agreement lets you buy a product and pay for it in two or more instalments before taking it home. It is important for you to understand what the written agreement covers and how you or an INTERSPORT business can cancel it.
An agreement is considered a lay-by if you:
- pay for the goods in at least two instalments (and is called ‘lay-by’)
- or pay for the goods in at least three (and is not specifically called ‘lay-by’)
- do not receive the goods until the full price has been paid.
You will receive a copy of your written lay-by agreement in store that states all terms and conditions, including any cancellation fee that may apply.
You can cancel the lay-by agreement at any time before you receive the goods. If you cancel the lay-by, the INTERSPORT business must refund your deposit and all other amounts you’ve paid except for the cancellation fee. Where the payments do not cover the cancellation fee, you will have to pay the difference.
An INTERSPORT business can only cancel a lay-by agreement if:
- you’ve broken the agreement, for example, you failed to pay instalments
- they are no longer trading
- the product is no longer available and this is outside of their control.
For more information regarding consumer rights, please visit: http://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/contracts-agreements/lay-by-agreements or contact your local INTERSPORT store for further details.